CNC Machine Operator
Are you looking to build a successful career in manufacturing? West Central Steel of Willmar, MN is seeking motivated individuals to join our growing team. As a CNC Machine Operator, you’ll take on the responsibility of operating CNC machines to provide customers with the parts needed for their projects.
We value the hard work our team puts forward, and as a result, you’ll enjoy earning competitive pay and great benefits like overtime that starts after 8 hours each day, generous 401K matching, and much more. You will also earn aggressive opportunities for pay advancement that happen at 6 months, 1 year, and 2 years into the job.
About West Central Steel
We’re in the business of providing customers with steel and custom parts where and when they need them. Quality work done efficiently allows us to deliver steel the next day across the Midwest.
For over 70 years, we’ve maintained our status as leaders in the industry by committing to safety, quality, responsibility, relationships, and growth in everything we do. Our family-owned business started in 1949 and has continually grown from a handful of garages to 305,000 square feet of production and warehouse space.
As opposed to other manufacturing companies that ramp up and slow down production throughout the year, our company grows consistently by serving more than 800 different customers across different market segments. Sustainable business growth is at the forefront of our operational goals.
CNC Machine Operators are the key to our steel processing capabilities at West Central Steel. You’ll be responsible for manufacturing quality parts using our CNC machines. Physical requirements include standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, and grasping. Available shifts include day and mid-shift and report to the Fabrication Supervisor.
- Use CNC controls for proper setup.
- Pull and process orders.
- Operate forklifts, overhead cranes, and jib cranes as needed.
- Read prints and drawings.
- Understand and use measuring equipment.
- Inspect parts per control plan.
- Properly identify non-conforming items.
- Maintain your machines daily and adhere to monthly inspections.
- Package orders and properly tag them prior to shipment.
- Ensure that all items on the process sheet are pulled and packed securely.
- Properly stage material and locate for loading.
- Assist with quality assurance inspections prior to shipment.
Skills and Qualifications
- 1 year of experience operating a CNC Machine.
- 1 year of experience operating a Press Brake Machine.
- Ability to use and read a 25’ measuring tape to 1/16 of an inch.
- Ability to read and use a caliper.
- Proven knowledge of fractions and decimals.
- Technical ability to use computers and tablets for recording orders.
- Possess organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate well with others.
- Ability to pass pre-employment screening that includes a drug test, hearing test, back screening, and physical.
- On-the-job training programs. If you don’t have all the experience we will train you.
- Overtime that starts after 8 hours each day.
- Boot reimbursements up to $150/year and cold weather gear stipend of $75/year.
- Aggressive opportunities for pay advancement. (+$1/hr following 120 days, 1 year, and 2 years.)
- Health insurance (Company contributions of $525 for single coverage and $1365 for family coverage. HSA, FSA, and traditional medical plans are also offered.)
- Dental and vision insurance
- 401 (k) retirement account with 9% company match up to $900/year
- Paid time off
- Employee referral program
- Attendance bonus