CNC Machine Programmer
Are you looking to build a successful career in CNC Machine Programmer? West Central Steel of Willmar, MN is seeking motivated individuals to join our growing team. As a CNC Machine Programmer, you will be trained to program machines to create parts for our customers, all while receiving great wages and taking advantage of opportunities for daily overtime, generous 401K matching, and much more.
About West Central Steel
We’re in the business of providing high-quality carbon steel distribution and parts processing services to customers all over the Midwest. For over 70 years, we’ve maintained our status as leaders in our industry by committing to safety, quality, responsibility, relationships, and growth in everything we do. West Central Steel is a family-owned company dedicated to helping our customers and employees build their success.
The CAD Programmer position at West Central Steel plays a vital role in the overall success of meeting our customer’s needs accurately and in a timely manner. The CAD Programmer is responsible for the CAD programming of production equipment for part specifications to customer prints, responsible for the basic upkeep and corrections to programs. They use blueprints and design sketches to ensure the proper dimensions and tolerance levels of the finished product. 3-5 years of experience in the field or in a related area is preferred. This position works closely with sales and our machine operators to get processing orders through our plant as seamless as possible. CAD experience, attention to detail, excellent communication, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment are the keys to success at this position.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Drafting thermal cut parts using multiple CAD Packages including AutoCAD & Solidworks.
- Convert geometry to useable NC code for the appropriate machine language from 2D & 3D Platforms
- Create tasks for machine specific operations generating CNC coding for thermal cutting machines including Plasma, Oxyfuel torch, & laser.
- Work with Enterprise PDM for archiving and production data management
- Coordination of parts from the customer to completion of the order.
- Scheduling of orders
- Work with variety of geometry data to create accurate customer programs for production
- Interaction with sales, customers, and shop personnel for parts production.
- Interact with the cutting equipment in a “hands on” capacity in conjunction with our machine operators.
- Assisting in double checking your co-workers work
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Strong Drafting skills are a must.
- Experience with SolidWorks, AutoCAD required
- Print reading
- Attention to Detail
- Experience with CNC machines are helpful.
- Ability to work with other people; customers, sales and production.
- Willing to work in the production area of our business.
This is a full time hourly position that offers the following benefits:
- Health Insurance
- 125 Cafeteria Plan
- Profit Sharing
Any questions please contact Brian Kath, Operations Manager, 320-214-5231, firstname.lastname@example.org