Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /nas/content/live/wcsteel/wp-content/themes/wcsteel/single.php on line 25
- Day Shift
- Night Shift
REPORTS TO WAREHOUSE SUPERVISOR
- PULLS, LOADS, AND RECEIVES STOCK FOR OUR STEEL
- SERVICE CENTER DISTRIBUTION PLANT.
- Navigate computer to pull up orders and pull them accurately and efficiently. You must determine what products are to be pulled, being careful to correctly pull the correct product on very similar descriptions.
- Locate material using 25′ measuring tape, caliper, printed locations and designated color codes. Both the tape measure and caliper measure 1/16 of an inch. Knowledge of fractions is required, as all dimension lines are not labeled.
- Pull material from inventory using side loader forklift. Some of the items pulled will be hand stacked on fork tines and other orders may require material to be taken to the pulling station to be pulled. Overhead bridge cranes are used to pull material in all other locations of the warehouse.
- Tag and package orders for shipping using overhead bridge crane and pneumatic banding equipment per customer specific order instructions.
- Record employee number, quantity pulled and location information on the Computer Tablet.
- Operate 1, 5, 10 or 20-ton crane with a 16 function pendant control or radio frequency controls.
- Verify material received with receiving documents. Count, measure, and apply the proper barcodes to the incoming material.
- Load material onto outgoing trucks according to designated production documents. Analyze load to determine the best method of loading considering the following: 1) order of stops 2) ability to visualize completed load so all material can be placed on the truck 3) mentally estimate the weights of different loads to properly distribute weight on the vehicle. All material is barcoded and will be scanned when loading the truck
- Record employee number, quantity loaded and special requirements on the loading document.
- Other duties as assigned
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS of the job include the following to varying degrees: standing and walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, and grasping.
Updated February 2020